Everything Must Die
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I wonder if I will ever climb to the top of Mt. Everest.
I can hear the trees crying.
I see a young boy galloping through the wind with the deer.
I want to soar like a bird.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I pretend that I am the wind.
I feel the sky melt beneath me as I venture to the sun.
I touch the necter of a wild rose.
I worry that the tree-filled forests will be destroyed.
I cry when I feel the grip of death around me.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I understand that everything must die.
I say we are killing off our own breed.
I dream of a paradise world with no hate.
I try to follow the wind on it's way to nowhere.
I hope that I can watch one more sunrise drift into day.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
Rebecca Bean
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I wonder if I will ever climb to the top of Mt. Everest.
I can hear the trees crying.
I see a young boy galloping through the wind with the deer.
I want to soar like a bird.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I pretend that I am the wind.
I feel the sky melt beneath me as I venture to the sun.
I touch the necter of a wild rose.
I worry that the tree-filled forests will be destroyed.
I cry when I feel the grip of death around me.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
I understand that everything must die.
I say we are killing off our own breed.
I dream of a paradise world with no hate.
I try to follow the wind on it's way to nowhere.
I hope that I can watch one more sunrise drift into day.
I am an outdoor girl who loves nature.
Rebecca Bean

2 comments:
This is a beautiful poem. It touched me by showing both sensitivity and vulnerability. Love mom
...
"I pretend that I am the wind.
I feel the sky melt beneath me as I venture to the sun.
I touch the nectar of a wild rose,"
is exquisitely beautiful!
Likewise I feel God can expand "Everything will die" into infinite beauty that can only be understood when placed beside ugly.
What do you think of Neal Maxwell's comment, "enduring to the end and beginning?"
Post a Comment